Leadership & Staff
Habitat leaders throughout the years
Board of Directors
Mary Ann Bonadeo, Chair
- Project Manager, TechOpp Consulting
Kate Means, Vice Chair
- Director of Foster Care and Independent Living, DePaul Community Resources
Ted Koebel, Secretary
- Professor Emeritus, Urban Affairs and Planning, VT. Founding director of the Virginia Center for Housing Research
R. David Pynn, Treasurer
- Consulting CPA for business clients. Previous executive director of HFHNRV
Tom Sherman, Member
- Professor Emeritus of Teaching and Learning, VT. Former Blacksburg Town Council Member
Steve Jones, Member
- Director of Technology, Town of Blacksburg, VA
Bobby Parker, Member
- Regional Public Information Officer, Montgomery County Health Department
Crystal Hollins, Member
- Postal Assistant, Virginia Tech Mail Services and Habitat Home Owner
Larry Day, Member
- Business Development, CTI Consultants, Inc. Nominee for a Leading Lights community service award
Holly Lesko, Member
- Program Director – VT PEERS (VT Partnering with Educators and Engineers in Rural Schools)
Department of Engineering Education, Virginia Tech
Susan Icove, Member
- Chair, F.I.S.H. Committee in Floyd, VA
Don Mullins, Ex Officio member
- Professor Emeritus, Entomology, VT. Recipient of Lifetime Achievement Award, Leading Lights New River Valley
Patrick Doan, Ex Officio member
- VT Architecture AP, Advisor to VT Habitat for Humanity Chapter
David Pynn, Chair
Objective: Develop budget, monitor financial statements, review financial controls, ensure compliance.
Activities include: oversee the preparation of the annual budget and financial statements, administration, collection, and disbursement of the financial resources of the organization. Advise the board with respect to making significant financial decisions. Understand the systems of internal controls, including overseeing compliance by management with applicable policies and procedures and risk management.
Don Mullins, Chair
Objective: Advise and support the home improvement thrift store (and primary fundraiser).
Activities include: Researching best practices, infrastructure enhancement, volunteer leadership
L.B. Day, Chair
Objective: Develop a construction plan and implement across all programs. (new home construction, technical school construction, critical repair)
Activities include: Identifying the locations and house plans for specific site and family, budgeting of build, evaluating bids, supervision of construction project manager (with ED), Team Leaders during builds, creating a culture of safety on job sites, encouraging skill development on site, communicating issues and problem solving during build, tool inventory and maintenance.
Objective: Develop and implement criteria for selecting and supporting partner families.
Activities include: development and implementation of: an orientation program for applicants, application forms, screening applicants, interviewing prospective families, recommending families for approval, ensuring partner families meet expectations, mentor new home owners.