Be A Volunteer
Being a volunteer with Habitat is not limited to those with building experience. Our goal is to partner with our neighbors to improve the community through stable housing. To do this, we rely on volunteers in all aspects of our work. Opportunities to help include working on the job site, in the ReStore, in the affiliate office, planning events and more.
We need teachers, psychologists, writers, runners, doctors and marketers. We need you! Let us know what skills you have and/or what volunteer opportunities you are looking for. Once you have done this, we can find a match between you and Habitat. Whatever your skills, we have a place for you.
Consider this an occasion to meet new people while strengthening your community by building safe, affordable housing. You’ll have the ability to improve the lives of people, work alongside future Habitat owners, learn different skills and advocate for affordable housing. Most of all, you can make a difference.
Before signing up you need to do safety training once. We are notified when safety courses are completed, you may also forward your Habitat Course Completion email to Info@HabitatNRV.org. Once we confirm you completed safety training, you will be set for future volunteering and you can sign up. If you do not complete courses 2 days before your date, you risk being dropped from the signup.
Review the instructions then click "Safety Training" at the bottom to be redirected to the training site. If you have completed safety training then click "Go To Sign Up"
1. Scroll down, click the “BEGIN NOW” button on the right.
2. Note the access code in the left column, it should be "W8NAEBTG". This is the code for all Habitat affiliates and volunteers to use.
3. Click "TAKE TRAINING COURSE NOW"
4. In the Employee Access Code box enter W8NAEBTG and press Submit.
5. Click your required course(s):
– Construction volunteers, take “Volunteering on a Habitat for Humanity Job Site” course.
– ReStore volunteers, take the “Restore Safety and Loss Control for Volunteers” course.
6. The course should load and start automatically. When the presentation has ended you will be prompted to take a Quiz.
7. Upon completion of the Quiz, you’ll be given your accuracy score, indicating Pass or Fail:
- If you Fail, you may log in again and re-take the course at a later time.
- If you Pass, you will be directed to a course completion screen.
8. On the completion screen enter your First Name and Last Name in the appropriate fields. In the Location field enter "Habitat for Humanity of the New River Valley" Then you can proceed to the sign up page.